AWIU Passport to the Future Program
Passport to the Future is a program for women
- Working on a self-defined project or presenting at an AWIU venue on a topic related to their interests or coursework and to increasing global understanding about women’s lives.
- Becoming an associate of AWIU to promote and enhance work they are doing, with and for women, with the goal of promoting global leadership and understanding.
An Opportunity for growth
- Having an AWIU member as a mentor, who is matched to their interest and skills, to guide and facilitate a project
- Networking opportunities with the AWIU membership and with organizations affiliated with AWIU.
- Experience presenting a project of high academic or professional interest to a wider audience through teleconferencing and video presentations.
- Adding qualifications to your CV or resume that distinguish you based on your international interests.
- An opportunity to earn a certificate of completion based on a successful project.
“A program for young women offering an opportunity to work on developing career skills and interests in international relations.”•••
How to Apply
Think about an activity and it’s timeframe.
For more information and an application contact:
Deborah Vietze email@example.com
Goals of American Women for International Understanding
AWIU is interested in encouraging work that enhances our knowledge of women’s global interests and development. International understanding, promoting peace, increasing the technological strength of our organization are our goals. Here are some activities that you might get involved in: (1) Presenting at teleconferences, (2) Helping to develop an oral history of an organization, (3) Archiving AWIU or other documents, (4) Researching the needs of women in a country for possible delegations to that country. Other ideas are invited.