AWIU Passport to the Future Program
AWIU’s Passport to the Future Program offers networking and educational opportunities for students in international fields and young women working on projects focused on empowering women and building women’s leadership globally.
Passport to the Future is for you if:
- You are interested in developing a career in international relations and you would like to participate with other students in a forum via teleconference led and facilitated by an AWIU member with a life long career in Foreign Service.
- You are focused on the issue of human trafficking and you would like to participate in a forum via teleconference with an AWIU member with lifetime experience preventing and combatting human trafficking.
- You are developing a project geared toward building women’s leadership and empowering women globally and you would like to participate in a forum via teleconference with an AWIU member experienced in teaching global entrepreneurial leadership.
- You are engaged with an organization or project focused on improving women’s lives and building women’s leadership globally and you would like to share the work you are doing with the AWIU membership in a teleconference facilitated by an AWIU member.
A program for young women offering an opportunity to work on developing career skills and interests in international relations.
- Having an AWIU member as a mentor, who is matched to your interest and skills.
- Networking opportunities with the AWIU membership as well as with other women engaged in projects or study programs focused on building women’s leadership and global understanding.
- Experience presenting a project of high academic or professional interest to a wider audience through teleconferencing and video presentations.
- Opportunity to add qualifications to your CV or resume and to build academic and professional references based on your participation with AWIU.
Passport to the Future provides a way for young women to affiliate with AWIU and participate in programs geared to their academic and professional interests. There is no membership dues requirement for participation. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Before filling out the application, please take time to review our mentor bio page for more information on of how you would like to participate.
Passport to The Future Program Mentor BiosRead their bios
How to Apply?
For more information and an application send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in AWIU’s Passport to the Future program!
You will receive an e-mail confirming the receipt of your application. Once your application is received, an AWIU member-mentor matched most closely to your stated interests will be in touch with you. If you have any questions about the application process, please e-mail Barbara Rubio, Coordinator of the Passport to the Future program, at email@example.com.